Monday, January 5, 2015

City and County of Honolulu News

 
Official website of the City and County of Honolulu
 
  You are here:  Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2015 / 01/05/15 Honolulu Zoo Director resigns for personal reasons
 

Monday, January 5, 2015

Mayor Caldwell's Press Office: 768-5768 (cell 489-0341)

 

Honolulu Zoo Director resigns for personal reasons

 

HONOLULU – Honolulu Zoo Director Jeffrey Wilkinson announced his resignation to Zoo staff yesterday evening, citing personal reasons.

 

"I've made the difficult decision to resign my position at the Zoo and move back to California to care for my parents," Wilkinson said in an email to zoo staff sent last night. "I am so proud to have been part of this team.  During my short time here, I hope we've planted some seeds that will take root and one day bring more resources to the Zoo."

 

Assistant Zoo Director Dr. Baird Fleming will serve as acting director.

 

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment