Thursday, April 7, 2011

City and County of Honolulu News Releases

You are here:  Main / Customer Services / Public Communications Division / 2011 / 04/06/11 Mayor's Statement Regarding Tentative HGEA Agreement

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                            

April 6, 2011

 

 

MAYOR'S STATEMENT REGARDING TENTATIVE HGEA AGREEMENT

 

 

            "During my discussions with Governor Abercrombie on the phone this morning regarding the HGEA tentative agreement, I was told about the five percent reduction in base pay and the 50/50 EUTF contribution.  I was also told of other provisions that I could not agree with, including additional paid time off for government workers.

 

            "The provisions that I could not agree with were not included in the Governor's press release.  I need to find out in writing the truth and the whole truth about the provisions of the tentative agreement.  Once we have received all of the provisions in writing, we will need to determine the financial impact on the City."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment